Friday, December 17, 2010

a tiny piece of heaven

I was making Tiramisu today for a couple of very special friends (who used to be my roommates), and I discovered a little piece of heaven. Not that Tiramisu by itself isn't heavenly, but this was maybe 10 times better...okay maybe only 5 times better...

So I had to share it with you...also I'm trying to make up for being so lame about blogging this last week (or two).

Tiramisu is one of those desserts that everyone thinks is really difficult to make, but it really isn't. At least the recipe I use isn't. But there are two basic parts to it. The first is a coffee syrup that you use to soak ladyfingers in. The second is a creamy marscapone cheese layer.

Being the coffee lover that I am, I decided to brew a little extra coffee for an afternoon treat. I finished making the Tiramisu and I had extra of the cream layer which I like to dip ladyfingers into and enjoy for a sweet treat.

That was when the stroke of brilliance happened. Why not dip the ladyfinger with the cream on it into my coffee...yep...delicious. I might have melted onto the floor. So rich, so creamy, so delightful. I almost made myself sick on it.

coffee...

ladyfingers...

a match made in heaven...
or maybe just my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment