Tuesday, February 15, 2011

tuesday: something to love

I don't know about you. . .but baked goods have always been a staple in my food groups. I have been in a kitchen since I was 5. I really have been. My mom has the pictures to prove it. I almost got the boot once when my mom told me that I couldn't cook any more until I started cleaning up my messes. Needless to say, I learned how to clean up after myself.

But baked goods have always been a part of my life. I think it comes from my dad's side of the family because my grandma is a fantastic baker!! I was so privileged to get to learn from her during the years that I lived close to my grandparents. I loved getting to spend time in her kitchen.

Here are a couple of things I have been baking lately.


Have I ever mentioned that I'm a bit obsessed with British things?? No, well, I am. Scones being among the things I am obsessed with, and my roommate got this fantastic cookbook from a tea shop in New York that has fabulous scone recipes. This is the pumpkin scone. . .with some clotted cream, of course! Oh, and you can't tell from the picture, but this was fresh out of the oven. . .soooo delicious!!


A blogger I follow had posted about the cinnamon rolls that she made during the snowpocalypse of 2011, and I therefore was craving some cinnamon rolls for about 2 weeks before I gave in and made them. Wow, so good!! Looking at this picture is making me crave them again. . .maybe sometime.

1 comment: